Given what has already happened with the Corona Virus (a.k.a. COVID-19) If you have not started preparing for your staff to work from home as well as making certain that you have the right technology in place, you are already behind the curve. These are the basic steps that you need to take immediately for remote work at home.
- Make sure that you have the #technology in place for your staff to work remotely.
- Confirm that those connections are secure such as with a VPN (a virtual private network).
- Have an emergency telecomputing plan in place. This is important during the COVID-19 situation as well as when unexpected disasters (man-made, natural, etc.) occur.
- Make certain that your data backups are automated so if the office is not accessible and/or if a widespread power loss occurs. Your business should deploy a system that makes sure your data is retained in several different geographic locations.
- Utilize a messaging and collaboration sharing tool such as Microsoft Teams to maximize productivity while workers are working remotely.
- Deploy a mass notification system above and beyond email that covers the before, during and after phases of any epidemic or disaster.
Please also check out this interim and guidance for businesses and employers from the CDC as it provides helpful information without the media hype.
Lehigh Valley Technology Company has been actively assisting clients with these remote work from home measures and more. We are ready, willing and very able to assist your business, non-profit organization and government agency with the technology, steps, and tools needed to be taken to make sure that business continuity is not sacrificed by an epidemic or disaster. Please contact us today to discuss your specific needs and our custom-tailored solutions for you.