Let’s be frank. 2020 has been a cross between having a really bad case of vertigo and being stuck on a runway with total strangers for 5 hours and having no access to bathrooms, food, or water!
That said, there are still many reasons to give thanks on Thanksgiving. Here are some examples.
- While we may have been stuck in work from home mode, we still had jobs!
- Work from home may stink but at least technology rose to the occasion and allowed us to WFH.
- We connected with old friends and family that perhaps we had not spoken to in a very long time.
- Though it was short-lived in all too many cases, we were more patient with coworkers, friends, and neighbors.
- Many people learned new skills and availed themselves of additional training and knowledge.
- Though we saw a fair amount of ugliness and hate in 2020, we also often witnessed great acts of compassion and humanitarianism.
At Lehigh Valley Technology Company we have much to be grateful for!
- Clients who stood by us and shoulder to shoulder.
- Our team rose up and said there may be a pandemic but we must keep our clients up and running, especially since most of them are deemed as providers of life-essential services.
- Vendors who reached out to say, “what can we do to help you?”
- Fellow business owners who reached out to share best practices, ideas, and often just to lend an ear as a sounding board or to listen to our concerns.
- Our HR Legal (Keely Collins) and Medical partners were always on call for us to answer our questions and concerns.
- Last but not least, you, the reader of this blog, and the viewer of our weekly videos. Your feedback allowed us to develop, refine, and produce better content that was more relevant and useful.
So while the loss of life in 2020 was terrible, and politics seemed to more horrible than any of us could have imagined, we as a company and I as a human being can still easily find plenty of reasons to be grateful for this year and I sincerely hope that you can as well.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and please stay safe, and be well!
President and CVO